The Sony press conference is underway, and here are the announcements thus far:
- Little Big Planet available October 2008
- New Lego Batman PS2 bundle
- PlayStation Network Single Sign-on
- Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty is PSN exclusive (rather than disc based) - $15
- Other PSN titles shown: Crash Commando, Fat Princess, Pixel Junk Eden, Pain Amusement Park, Flower, Siren Blood Curse (looks great), Ragdoll Kung Fu
- GT TV - From GT: Prologue, you can view pay per view and free TV shows (real TV, not PGR style TV). Standard and high def available. Aug 1
- Home demo shown, with additional content for games.
- PlayStation Network Video Delivery Service - content is portable across platforms. Major partners announced, pricing is similar to Xbox, movies can be purchased as well as rented. Disney (thought they were exlusive to Xbox?!?), Fox, MGM, Sony, Paramount, Lion's Gate, and more announced. Standard def movies will take about an hour to download, you can watch while the movie is downloading. A couple of ways to copy movies to PSP - from PS3 or PC. AVAILABLE TONIGHT!
- PSP entertainment pack - October. Silver PSP, Ratchet and Clank, Echochrome, 1GB card, $200
- PSP Resistance Revolution announced - and looks stunning.
- PSP titles for this year: Star Wars Force Unleashed, Madden 09, Loco Roco 2, Patapon 2, NBA 09, Super Stardust Portable, Lego Batman, Buzz, Valkyria Chronicles
- PS3 to YouTube functionality touted - MLB baseball.
- Life With PlayStation - news and more, live on your PS3, released by end of month.
- DC Universe Online shown for the first time. Been in development for 3 years. You can be either a villian or a hero. Game will be available for PC and PS3. Looks OK, I suppose...
- 80 GB PlayStation 3 will be $400 this Fall, no more 40GB version. This will be the only version of the system available, seems to be the announcement.
- Developers say that developing for the PS3 sucks a bit less now. They're figuring out how to use the SPUs, Blu Ray, and the hard drive. Developers are really hoping that the PS2 users moving to PS3, and saying that they're just scratching the surface now.
- Exclusives: 23.
- Releases: Little Big Planet, Motor Storm Pacific Rift, MGS4, 007 Quantum of Solace, SOCOM Confrontation, Ghostbusters, Soul Calibur IV, Resistance 2, the Agency, Naruto Storm, Mirror's Edge, Resident Evil 5, SingStar, Guitar Hero 4, NBA 09 the Inside, Buzz, Killzone 2
- God of War 3 - trailer shown: "In the end, there will be only chaos!"
- Infamous shown - Crackdown with lightning? Looks completely cool!
- Zipper Interactive takes the stage to talk about MAG - massive online - 256 players at a time! 8 player squads, with squad leaders based on experience and other character growth options. Faction based campaigns. Not really a demo shown, more like a pre-rendered trailer. Some very cool tactics shown, like trapping people in a corridor between buildings. Called MAG, or Massive Action Game (come on).
- And that's the show! Press gets to play games.
No comments were found for this thread.