Processor: IBM PowerPC-based
Speed: Three cores running at 3.2 GHz each. Each core is able to run two hardware threads per core. Each core also has a VMX-128 vector unit. The die has 1MB of L2 cache. XBox 360 is capable of 9 billion dot product operations per second.
RAM / VRAM: 512 MB, "unified memory archetecture" (shared video and main RAM).
Graphics: Custom ATI Graphics, with 10MB embedded RAM, 48 shader pipelines.
Polygon Performance: 500 million triangles / second
Resolution: Minimum 720p support in all games. "HD" (1280x720+). All games have anti-aliasing enabled, 16:9 support.
Storage : Detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive, 12X DVD-ROM, Memory Cards (up to 64MB)
Ports: 4 wireless controllers, 3 USB ports, 1 Ethernet port, Wi-Fi ready, video camera ready, 2 memory card slots.
XBox Live Functionality:
- Out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live (silver) features with broadband service. Gold service is a fee, but allows online game play
- Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content.
- Gamer profile which includes win/loss record
- Voice chat, which works when watching movies, listening to music, or playing games
- Video chat, with purchase of XBox 360 camera.
- Enhanced matchmaking (gamer cards, profiles, and zones)
- MP3, ripping and playback
- Custom playlists in every game
- Photo CD / JPEGs
- Ability to stream from any XP based PC
- Acts as a full Media Center Extender if you have Media Center on your PC ("TiVo like" functionality)
- "Visualizers" - cool screen savers
- Surround sound output
Interchangeable Face plates
Gamer Guide - a push of a button takes you to your friends, context sensitive content (downloads for your game), etc
"Ring of Light" - power button as an indicator of system status, or status in a game.
Top Games LabelCall of Duty 2 Quake 4 Dead or Alive 4 EA Sports Fight Night Round 3 Project Gotham Racing 3 Condemned: Criminal Origins Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved (Xbox 360 Live Arcade)